Friday, April 3, 2009


Leek Soups....Yummy

I love to make soup using Leeks because they give such wonderful flavor. Leeks are also a good source of vitamin A and a significant source of vitamin C & iron. If you have never made Potato Leek soup you must try it out. I have also learned to use a can of evaporated milk in my soups from my mother in law. It works like a charm and then I don't end up using up our drinking milk.

Last night I came across this Leeky, Creamy Chicken-and-Dumpling Stoup in Rachael Ray's magazine and I had to try it. I had just bought a package of gnocchi because I wanted to try them out to see how they tasted. The gnocchi were good and tasted just like the dumplings that I make by mixing up flour and egg like making egg noddles, but I shape them into little balls and through them in. They add a nice texture to many different kinds of soups.

So go buy yourself some leeks and make some soup or plant some in your garden this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment