Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bread Pudding
This is what we made at my mom's house this weekend. So yummy and I found out my husband really like's it too. It has been years since I have eaten bread pudding and I think now I will be making it more. It will be a good way to use up that extra bread that is getting old & dried out.

4 1/2 c dried bread cubes
1/2 c sugar
4 eggs
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups milk

Put the bread cubes in a 8 x8 pan. Then mix up the sugar, eggs, cinnamon, salt, vanilla & milk and pour over the bread cubes. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 mins or till it is golden brown & look like it's set.

Nutmeg Sauce:
3 c. water
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cinnamon

Heat all ingredients together and then in a separate bowl mix up 3 Tb. corn starch with some water and use it to thicken the sugar nutmeg mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment