Saturday, August 22, 2009

Fried Bread Dough Donuts......
This is a favorite that my mom use to make for us growing up. I loved it and still do, but you have to make peanut butter frosting to go on top. Yum Yum!!!!

Making these are super easy. Just use some fresh bread dough that has risen. It can be keep in the refrigerator until your ready to make them. Then cut off a good size chunk and make it into a donut shape. Then fry in the deep fat fryer. Put on a plate that has some paper towels on it to let it cool a bit.

To make up the peanut butter frosting just use powdered sugar, peanut butter, & milk. I suppose 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar, 2 Tb. peanut butter and just enough milk to make it look like a frosting. I have also found that using french vanilla coffee cream adds a nice extra flavor to most frosting's I make.

These could be eaten as a dessert or breakfast. It's your choice. I think we usually had them as a desert, but with using whole wheat bread dough why not for breakfast?

Eat & Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment