Friday, July 31, 2009

Monkey Bread.....
This is one of my husbands favorite breakfast breads. I like to make it and the kids also love to help out. I came cross a monkey bread recipe here and had to try it out. I like the idea she had for using a pie pan. This blue Pyrex dish worked great and baked up so easy and I didn't have to worry about it not getting done in the middle like with using a bunt pan.

Ingredients:
2 can buttermilk biscuits
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

First mix the sugar & cinnamon together. Then roll the biscuits in the cinnamon sugar mixture and cut into 4ths. I actually had the kids roll the big biscuits in the mixture first before I cut them up because it was easier & faster.

On the stove top cook together:
1/2 c. butter, 1/2 c. brown sugar, 1/4 c. white corn syrup & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Cook together till it is nicely melted and bubbles a bit. Then pour over your cinnamon sugar biscuits in your dish.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Take out and let cool a minute. Then put plate over the top and invert on to plate.

Most monkey bread recipes only use butter and brown sugar for the sauce, but I have found that if you add some corn syrup to the mixture you get a nice gooey caramel sauce. It's super yummy. I hope the picture makes your mouth water:)

No comments:

Post a Comment